Are you trying to remote into an iOS device to view its screen remotely (no control)? If so, first make sure you have a trial or a subscription to the recently launched Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) with Mobile. If you have our previous Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) which has no mobile support, please contact our sales team to upgrade. Email email@example.com or call +1 (408) 886-7177.
- Splashtop Business app ()
- iOS device needs to have iOS11 or newer
Steps: (Watch Video)
- END USER installs the Splashtop SOS app () on the iOS device from the App Store
- END USER opens the Splashtop SOS app on the iOS device and provides the 9-digit code to the technician
- TECHNICIAN enters the code into the Splashtop Business app (click button)
- END USER 1-time setup, add Broadcasting button to Control Center:
- Open Settings
- Tap on Control Center
- Tap on Customize Controls
- Add Screen Recording
- END USER follows the instructions in the Splashtop SOS app, to open Broadcasting and choose Splashtop SOS.
- Double tap the home button on iOS device or 1-finger slide-up from bottom of iOS device (Control Center). Note: iPhoneX is a 1-finger slide-down from top right of screen.
- Tap and hold the record button until a popup shows (iPad and iPhone6S and earlier), or hard press on the record button (iPhone6+ or newer)
- Scroll and select "Splashtop SOS", then tap on "Start Broadcast".
- To end the support session
- END USER taps on the "Disconnect" button on the Splashtop SOS app.
- or TECHNICIAN clicks on the disconnect button or closes the window
- Apple Screen Recording ends if an incoming call comes in. You will need to restart the sharing. It works fine for being in an active call, then start sharing.
- iPad/iPhone orientation is manual at this time.
- Click on the "eye" icon and choose rotate right or left