Reasons to install the display driver:
- No monitor attached to the Mac, "headless"
The virtual display driver is needed in the case you have a Mac without a monitor connected, "headless". For this case, you may need to install the display driver to have control of the Mac through Splashtop.
- Open the Mac streamer program
- Click on the Settings tab and scroll down
- Click on the Install Display Driver button and follow the steps
How to approve the loading of the display driver
1. After installing the streamer on a macOS 10.13 device, the system will pop up a warning.
2. Go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General tab, click the Allow button on option System software from developer "Splashtop Inc." was blocked from loading. The allow button might be blocked, please remember unlocking then click the allow button.
Please note that the option to allow loading is only available for 30 minutes after the System Extention Blocked warning popped.
3. That's it! If you don't allow the loading, you will get another warning in couple minutes.