Get Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) to instantly access your customers' computers without them having to pre-install anything.
3 Simple Steps
- Ask your customer to download and run a program from sos.splashtop.com. No installation needed.
The SOS program can run whether the customer has an administrator account or a standard user account on the computer.
- Your customer tells you the 9-digit session code that’s shown on the screen.
- Enter the session code into your Splashtop Business app (for Windows or Mac).
The session code field is either on the home screen or under the SOS menu.
Please be sure to download and install the latest version from www.splashtop.com/downloads#b (v3.0.4.x or higher required).
Ending the Support Session
The user whose computer is being remotely accessed can end the support session by clicking on the "Disconnect" button or by exiting the SOS program.
The user can delete the program from the computer and just download it again from sos.splashtop.com when needed.
The technician can disconnect the support session by closing the session window or by clicking on the "Disconnect" icon in the in-session control bar.
Each technician can have up to 10 concurrent sessions from one machine at a time
- The session will disconnect if the computer is rebooted, logged out, or switched to another user account.
- A new session code is generated each time the program is launched.
- If the SOS program stays running (e.g. not re-launched), the same session code can be used to re-connect to the same computer.
- If the SOS program is run under a standard user account, Windows UAC and other privileged screen elements will not be visible on the technician side. The technician will not be able to see or control admin-level elements.
- If the SOS program is run under a standard user account, Ctrl-Alt-Del cannot be sent remotely to the end user's computer.
- Please contact our support team if you run into any issues.