The "Failed to initialize video device" error message is usually related to the DirectX driver or display driver, and only happens on the Windows client app. Please try the following suggestions when this message displays.
On the computer with the Business app ():
1. Verify that DirectX has been installed properly and that Direct3D is enabled, or you could just re-install it to make sure. This is especially good advice when the Direct3D is not available or disabled.
On this computer, click Windows Start Menu --> Search -> enter dxdiag.exe to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click the Display tab shown below, and check to see if Direct3D is enabled.
2. Update your display driver and restart the computer. Updating the driver normally updates support for Direct3D/DirectX.
3. The program DuetDisplay causes conflicts with Direct3D/DirectX, which will cause the error. Use the below registry key to change the display method from D3D to Windows GDI:
- Open regedit.exe
- Path to [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Client for STB]
- Add DWORD "DisplayMethod" = "1"