With a recent Windows update, installing the Splashtop Business app on your PC fails to complete. Our Engineering team is aware of the issue and is working on resolving it.
UPDATE: INSTALL VERSION 126.96.36.199 OR LATER
Here are 2 options to work around the issue for now:
I. Use Splashtop Business for Chrome
Splashtop Business Chrome version provides the same functionality as the desktop version does.
Please go to this link from the Chrome browser to download the Chrome app. When you wish to connect to a remote machine, login to your Splashtop account, my.splashtop.com on the Chrome browser and click on the "Connect" button for the computer you want to remote into. (How do I connect to my computers from the web console?)
II. Remove the Windows update which is causing this issue
- Please go to Control Panel / Programs & Features.
- Hit View installed updates option on the side panel. (please see attachment.)
- Search for kb3072630 on installed updates page and uninstall it.
- Restart your PC. Then install the Splashtop Business client.
- After it is installed, you could re-install the kb3072630 update