We at Splashtop have optimized our products for users who have an nVIDIA GeForce graphics card in their computer and/or a Tegra 2 CPU in their tablet. What this translates to is higher frame rates and lower lag time that will lead to a better experience for all remote desktop usages, especially multimedia. Users will notice that their videos, movies, games, and other graphic-intensive content will be even more lag-free and smoother.
- GeForce 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 series notebook or desktop GPUs with at least 512MB FB.
- Currently does not support Optimus configurations.
- Nvidia GeForce graphics was starting to support SLI since driver v310.70.
Driver / OS requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit
- NVIDIA driver 275.33 and later
- Higher frame rate
- Lower lag time
- Play games or use applications in full screen
- Only supports single display configurations (one monitor).
- The "Blank screen" option should be disabled.
- Will not re-direct protected content playback on the PC.
- If you get a black screen by enabling this feature, please disable it to work around the issue.
Please try to disable this optimization by following the instructions below and let us know your display card model here for our further investigation, and send us your log file (SPLog.txt under Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server). Thanks!
Here are the steps to disable it:
a. Execute regedit.exe on the computer with the streamer installed.
b. Double-click on it to execute it. (This step may trigger a confirm dialog box by the system; click Yes to execute if it pops up.)
c. Search registry key "EnableNvFBC". Then change the value of the key to "0".
d. Exit Splashtop Streamer by right-clicking on the icon in the System tray. Then launch the Streamer again from the Start menu. (Re-booting the computer can produce the same effect.)
e. Try to connect again and see if the "black screen" issue is gone.
- If SLI is enabled, this will conflict with GeForce optimization. Please remember to disable SLI when GeForce optimization is enabled. (Updating the driver to 310.70 or above may help.)
- If SLI is enabled, this will prevent Splashtop THD from being able to play games/movies in full-screen mode. Please disable SLI if you want to play games/movies in full-screen. (Updating the driver to 310.70 or above may help.)
- During our usage cases, we found that enabling or disabling SLI did not require a computer re-start. However, if a re-start is requested in your case, please share the details about this with us regarding your system info (for example Win7/Vista, 32/64 bits), etc.