The Splashtop Business app only needs a password for your Splashtop Account; that's the e-mail address used for registration on the Splashtop server when you first use the Splashtop Business app.
I. Wrong Password (or wrong security code):
However, if you got a Wrong Password error message, here are some possible reasons and solutions.
- The Splashtop Account does not really exist (maybe failed in last creation).
If you are sure your password is correct but get this error message, it's probably this case. Please refer to this link to create a Splashtop Account again.
- The Splashtop server may be busy at the moment you are attempting to log in. In this case, you can try again later.
- If you have ever reset the password for your Splashtop Account, please log out, then log in again with the new password both in the Splashtop Streamer and on the Splashtop client app side.
- The password is not the Security Code used in the old Splashtop Remote Desktop v1.x.x.x.
- If you have enabled the Require security code option on the Splashtop Streamer, you will be required to input the security code every time you attempt to connect to your computer. We strongly suggest to use the same code here as your Splashtop account password to avoid confusion.
*Sample with Streamer v188.8.131.52
If your password is incorrect, there will be a "Wrong Password" error message, with an error code of S=xxx, E=xxx, shown in the lower left corner. In this case, please make sure that you have input the same password as your Splashtop Account, or reset your password if you don't remember it.
If you get a "Wrong security code" error message, please confirm whether or not Require security code has been enabled, and that you have input a correct code, as defined in the above two boxes "Create your security code" and "Confirm your security code."
II. Reset Password:
If you forgot your Splashtop Account password, or want to reset it for any reason, here are some tips that might help:
From the Splashtop app:
Tap the Settings icon (the "Gear" icon) in the upper right. You will see a dialog box like the one pictured below, in a logged-off state.
Tap "Forgot your password?" as indicated in the illustration above, to access the dialog shown below. Input your Splashtop Account in the Email field shown below.
After you tap the Send button shown above, please check your e-mail account's Inbox to find the e-mail we sent you, and follow the instructions in that e-mail to reset your password.
NOTE: If you can't find this mail sent by the Splashtop server, please check your "Trash" or "Junk Email" folder, because it may have been filtered by your mail client.
From the Splashtop Streamer:
The steps you could perform from Splashtop Streamer or from Splashtop server would be similar: