Chat is supported with Windows, Mac, and Android versions of the Splashtop Business app (purple icon). In order to view the chat scripts, you will need to have version 18.104.22.168 or newer of both Splashtop streamer and Business app.
When already in a remote session
In-session chat is available to users of:
- Splashtop Business Access (Legacy/Pro)
- Splashtop Remote Support (Legacy/Plus/Premium)
- Splashtop SOS
- Splashtop Enterprise
In order to start an in-session chat, click in the chat field of the toolbar and start typing.
The users at the remote computer will see the chat window pop up. This is where the user would type. It's also where you see what the user types.
When you're not in a remote session
(Requires version 22.214.171.124 or newer of both Splashtop streamer and Splashtop Business app)
Off-session chat is available to users of:
- Splashtop Business Access Pro
- Splashtop Remote Support (Plus/Premium)
- SOS+10, Teams, and Unlimited
- Splashtop Enterprise
Launch the Splashtop Business app. Click on the chat icon next to the computer you want to start a chat session with.
How to enable chat transcripts? Can I disable chat overall?
The team owner can either enable/disable the option to save in-session and pre-session chat transcript to session logs in Splashtop team settings. (Requires version 126.96.36.199 or newer of both Splashtop streamer and Business app).
The in-session chat feature cannot be disabled, but the pre-session chat can be disabled by unchecking "Enable chat (pre-session)" in team settings.
How to view chat transcripts?
If you have the chat saving option enabled, you can see the transcripts in your web console. Navigate to https://my.splashtop.com/logs/chat_sessions to get the saved chat transcripts.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page to "Export as CSV", you can download up to a year of chat logs.
- Chat only works when the remote computer is logged in. (Chat window is not visible on the Windows login screen)
- The name shown in the chat is your Display Name or Splashtop ID (if Display Name is not set).
- Chat is only supported from Windows, Mac versions, and Android versions of the Splashtop Business app. It's not supported in the iOS versions of the Splashtop Business application.