The Gmail Account and its related password/security code is used in conjuction with the old Splashtop v1.x, for the purpose of remote connection using the Internet Discovery function. It does not work with Splashtop Business. Users who are upgrading to Splashtop Business will need to create a new Splashtop Account. The account simply consists of an e-mail address (capable of receiving e-mail from Splashtop), and a password.
Here are some benefits for creating a Splashtop Account:
- Further features/subscriptions can be enabled by the account (but not enabled by each device).
- There is no need to utilize the Google Account service.
- There is no need to set the Security Code anymore.
- Simply create an account without any activation involved. It's the only "configuration" you need.
- If necessary to reset your password someday, you can do so receiving e-mail from us, sent to your Splashtop Account's e-mail address.
- Multi-device support – Upgrade on one device, and enjoy the same benefits on all your other Splashtop devices.
See also the topics entitled What is a Splashtop Account? and What can I do if I get a "Wrong Password" error message?.
NOTE: A Splashtop Account is totally owned by Splashtop Inc., and all paid features including Anywhere Access Pack will be identified by this account. It is:
- Valid for several Splashtop Streamer and Splashtop 2 clients. Apply one time for multiple Streamers/Clients.
- NOT the Apple-ID that you registered in Apple.
- NOT the account you registered in the Splashtop v1 Support sites.
- NOT the Google service account (e.g.: Gmail) you used in Splashtop Remote Desktop for the Internet Discovery feature.