Most devices running Android 5.0 and up will work with Splashtop Streamer and Splashtop SOS apps. You will be able to remote into the Android device and view its screen live. You may or may not have control, dependent on some additional criteria.
Many Android devices can be controlled as well. Please refer to options 1 (install an add-on app) and 2 (grant accessibility permission for Android 8.0 and up) below.
Option 1: Install the Splashtop add-on app from the Google Play Store
For the Android devices where we have an add-on available, there will be visual hint on the app's screen to guide user to install the add-on. Follow the on-screen instruction to install the correct one.
(Contact us to request the APK files if your device cannot access Google Play Store.)
Here is the list of these supported devices and manufacturers, along with links to the corresponding add-on app in the Play Store.
- Crossmatch Sentry
- Kyocera (E4810)
- Lenovo tablet (Achilles, Tablet E7, Tablet, Yoga, Tab M8)
- MobileDemand (A1180, A680, Flex10)
- Newland (MT65 Beluga II, MT65 Beluga III)
- Samsung (setup instruction)
- Sonim (XP7, XP8)
- Zebra (setup instruction)
- Root (Beta)
Option 2: Enable remote control by turning on the accessibility service
With the September '20 update of Splashtop, most modern devices running Android 8 and up can be controlled by enabling the accessibility service.
- Splashtop Streamer or Splashtop SOS version 3.4.1 and above
- Android OS 8.0 and up
1. On the Splashtop Streamer or Splashtop SOS app screen, tap the CONFIGURE button in the hint.
2. This goes to Android's accessibility settings screen. Find Streamer (for Splashtop Streamer), or SOS-Splashtop (for Splashtop SOS) in the DOWNLOADED SERVICES section. Tap to enter settings.
3. Turn on the service in the settings page
That's it. Now when your technician remotes into the device, remote control is enabled.
If neither option above applies to your device, the remote session will be restricted to view only. You are welcome to contact us and let us know what device you would like to enable remote control for.