Splashtop SOS enables you to support end users with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices, by connecting in with a simple session code. This article explains in particular how you can remotely access a user's Android device.
For general instructions on the overall SOS product, please visit the support site.
- Ask end user to install Splashtop SOS app on the Android device. It's available on the Google Play Store.
- When the end user opens the Splashtop SOS app, it will show a 9-digit number. Have the end user give you the 9-digit number.
- Launch Splashtop Business app and enter the 9-digit number into the SOS screen. You will now connect to the Android device.
- In the future, the end user can simply open the Splashtop SOS app as long as it hasn't been deleted from the Android device. It's not necessary to re-download from Google Play Store.
- The 9-digit session code is valid only when the app is running. When the end user quits the app, the session code will be invalidated. When the end user re-opens the app, a different session code will be generated.
- Android 5.0 and above for view-only
- For both view and control, the end user can install the Splashtop add-on app for the Android device. Or simply enable the accessibility service on the device if it's Android 8.0 or above. Refer to this article for more details.