Splashtop Streamer is the agent on your Android device to allow your IT admin to remote control your Android device in unattended manner. You can follow the instructions below to finish deployment.
1. Create Deploy Package
Login my.splashtop.com with admin users, and go to Management > Deployment, you can create a deployment package by clicking Create Deployment Package button, or reuse an already created deployment package.
Here are the parameters you can specify for the deployment package:
- Package Name: This is for friendly display purpose, which will be displayed in the deployment list
- Computer naming rule: You can specify how the Streamer will be named after deployment, users with admin right can edit the name after the Streamer is deployed
- Grouping: Specify which group the Streamer will belong to, group is a good way to assign access permissions, refer to this support article for more info about grouping.
- Auto-launch Streamer: Check this to allow Streamer auto-startup when system launch
- Idle session timeout: Specify when an idle session should be automatically disconnected
- Hide system tray icon: If this item is checked, the Android Streamer will hide "stop & exit" from the app's setting menu, and also hide "exit" from the system notification area, this is for the purpose to keep the Android Streamer running. (Notice: if Android Streamer is force killed in device's settings page, Android Streamer will stop running)
- Request permission to connect: This option decides how the connect request will be handled. (Notice: if the device is running in Kiosk mode, the prompt dialog might be blocked, in this case, please set it to "off" to make sure the connection can be established)
- Reject connection after request expires: it will reject the connection unless user accept
- Accept connection after request expires: it will accept the connection after request expires
- Off: no reconnect connection will be prompted, session will be automatically accepted
- Lock Streamer settings using Splashtop admin credentials: if this option checked, some of the Streamer setting items will be locked, user will be required to unlock with a Splashtop account with admin right to unlock and change.
2. Installation of Splashtop Streamer
Option 1: Install from Google Play Store manually on individual devices
Splashtop Streamer is published on Google Play Store for download and install, you can find it at:
Option 2: Install by sending the deployment link to user
You can follow either the Option 1 or Option 2 to download the Splashtop Streamer app.
Option 3: Mass installation through MDM/Android for work
If your organization has MDM, or Android for Work, Splashtop Streamer can be pushed to Android devices with MDM solution.
For example, in the following screenshot, Splashtop Streamer is added as the authorized app for BYOD, then, MDM can push it to Android devices.
3. Activate Splashtop Streamer
Option 1: Manually activate a Streamer with deploy code
Launch the Splashtop Streamer on the Android device, and on the screen for activation, input the deploy code created in step 1 to activate it. For example:
Once you successfully activate it with the deploy code, you may see like the following:
Option 2: Configure the deploy code through MDM/Android for work
Splashtop Streamer supports Android for Work's Managed configuration to remotely push the deploy code to device for activation.
|MDM_DEPLOY_CODE||Deploy Code||String||Input the deploy code generated in step 1|
Option 3: Deploy with broadcast event
Splashtop Streamer supports deployment with broadcast using the Android Debug Bridge.
Step 1: Download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools for your operating system.
Step 2: Enable "USB Debugging" on your Android Device. Go to Settings -> “About Phone”. Scroll all the way down and tap the “Build Number” item seven times. You should get a message saying you are now a developer. Head back to the main Settings page, and you should see a new option in the “System” section called “Developer Options.” Open that, and enable “USB Debugging.”
Step 3: Open the Command Prompt and change the directory to where you unzipped the file earlier. You can do this by entering the command below. Replace the file destination with your own:
CD C:Program Filesplatform-tools
Run this command to deploy Splashtop Streamer to the connected Android device:
adb shell am broadcast -a com.splashtop.streamer.api.DEPLOY \
--es MDM_DEPLOY_CODE ABCDEFGHIJKL \
Change MDM_DEPLOY_CODE to actual value.
Option 4: Integrate with 3rd party and call API to deploy
If you are a solution provider, like MDM, Helpdesk, MSP etc, you would like to integrate Splashtop services and you would like to activate Splashtop Streamer from your piece on the Android device, we have SDK for this purpose, please contact us to get more info.