Scheduled Access is a new feature that will allow admins to schedule users, groups and computers for remote access on a time-slot basis.
This is currently a custom feature that is not included on the Splashtop website.
If you are interested in the Schedule Access feature, please contact:
- Sales: 408-886-7177 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Success: 408-758-5899 or email@example.com (Existing Customers)
Notes and Best Practices
- Scheduled Access Permissions are granted in addition to existing user/group permissions that are set under Management -> Users - they do *NOT* override existing user/group permissions.
- If there is already existing permissions configured under Management -> Users, it is recommended to de-associate these existing permissions and “migrate” to use the Scheduled Access feature for users who only need scheduled remote access.
- The Team Owner and Admins can use the Scheduled Access feature.
- For open lab hours, create a separate schedule and configure a timeslot for it. For example, 0:00 – 9:00, include all groups of members. 17:00 – 23:59 another timeslot and include the group of members.
- To receive proper disconnect warning messages, requires Splashtop Business app v18.104.22.168 (for iOS, Splashtop Business v22.214.171.124)
- The select computer page may not work well on IE11. If you see issues with IE11, please try another browser or upgrade IE.
Scheduled Access Configuration
- Before creating any new schedules, go to my.splashtop.com -> Management -> Settings to configure the Scheduled Access timezone. Timezone cannot be changed when a schedule is in place. Only the team owner has access to this setting.
- Go to my.splashtop.com -> Management -> Scheduled Access
- Click "Create Resource" and fill in the fields. The resource will contain what set of computers will be scheduled for access, such as a specific computer lab.
- Select the computers or computer groups that you would like to make available in the resource.
- Continue to "Create Schedule", or later click the Resource name (or Manage Schedule) to assign Schedules to the resource.
- Create the Schedule for the resource by filling in the Name, Starting Date, and Recurrence. Select user groups or individual users to associate with the schedule. You may also paste a list of user emails. Note: The time drop-down selection is a 30-minute interval, but you can manually type in a value granular to a minute.
Check "Force session disconnect at the end of each Schedule" if you would like sessions to forcefully disconnect at the end of the timeslot. Note: This does not log out of the remote computer's user account.
- To pause / resume a Schedule, click on the Schedule and then pause / resume button.
- To clone a Schedule, use the Clone button.