Scheduled Access is a new feature that will allow admins to schedule users, groups and computers for remote access on a time-slot basis.
This feature is included in Splashtop Enterprise.
See this article for a few example scheduling scenarios.
Notes and Best Practices
- Scheduled Access Permissions are granted in addition to existing user/group permissions that are set under Management -> Users - they do *NOT* override existing user/group permissions.
- If there is already existing permissions configured under Management -> Users, it is recommended to de-associate these existing permissions and “migrate” to use the Scheduled Access feature for users who only need scheduled remote access.
- The Team Owner and Admins can use the Scheduled Access feature.
- For open lab hours, create a separate schedule and configure a timeslot for it. For example, 0:00 – 9:00, include all groups of members. 17:00 – 23:59 another timeslot and include the group of members.
- To receive proper disconnect warning messages, requires Splashtop Business app v22.214.171.124 (for iOS, Splashtop Business v126.96.36.199)
- The select computer page may not work well on IE11. If you see issues with IE11, please try another browser or upgrade IE.
Scheduled Access Configuration
- Before creating any new schedules, go to my.splashtop.com -> Management -> Settings to configure the Scheduled Access timezone. Timezone cannot be changed when a schedule is in place. Only the team owner has access to this setting.
- Go to my.splashtop.com -> Management -> Scheduled Access
- Click "Create Resource" and fill in the fields. The resource will contain what set of computers will be scheduled for access, such as a specific computer lab.
- Click "Advanced Settings" to enable support for Exclusive Mode. This setting prevents a remote user from accessing a computer if there is a user logged into the operating system. This helps with preventing users from connecting into a computer that is in local use. The logout and lock screen settings also help for cases where students forget to log out of their OS accounts.
- Select the computers or computer groups that you would like to make available in the resource.
- (Optional) Assign a Group Admin to help with managing schedules on the resource. Group admins also have the capability to create resources and schedules.
- Continue to "Create Schedule", or later click the Resource name (or Manage Schedule) to assign Schedules to the resource.
- Create the Schedule for the resource by filling in the Name, Starting Date, and Recurrence. Select user groups or individual users to associate with the schedule. You may also paste a list of user emails. Note: The time drop-down selection is a 30-minute interval, but you can manually type in a value granular to a minute.
Check "Force session disconnect at the end of each Schedule" if you would like sessions to forcefully disconnect at the end of the timeslot. Note: This does not log out of the remote computer's user account.
Click "Advanced Settings" to turn on/off exclusive access
Allows computers that are part of this schedule to be accessed only if the computer is currently at the Windows/Mac Login screen, making the computer exclusive for the user that is currently logged in to the Operating system using the computer. Applies for users either present at the lab or remotely connected through a Splashtop session.
Auto-logout after disconnection might be helpful for exclusive access. Make sure streamers are updated to v188.8.131.52 to use the checkbox option above, or see Setup Instructions for Splashtop Streamer 184.108.40.206.
- To pause / resume a Schedule, click on the Schedule and then pause / resume button.
- To clone a Schedule, use the Clone button.