You’ll first need the deployment link for the streamer installer from your account.
If you don’t know how to retrieve it, here’s how:
- Login to the web portal at https://my.splashtop.com with your account.
- The first page you’ll be taken to once you login is the ‘Computers’ page.
- Click on the blue ‘Add Computers’ button.
- There will be two options: ‘Add this computer’ on the left and ‘Add different computer on the right’. Click on ‘Get Link’ from the option on the right.
- Copy the link onto a notepad or something for easy access.
Here are the instructions for remotely redeploying the login streamers using SOS:
- Login remotely to each endpoint via the streamer.
- Once logged in, go to https://sos.splashtop.com to download and run the SOS app which will generate a 9-digit session code for you to connect with later.
- Write down the 9-digit session code and then log off the remote session while keeping the SOS app with the session code up and running.
- Connect via SOS through the Business app by entering the 9-digit session code.
- Open a browser and paste the deployment link to download the installer for the deployment streamer.
- Run the installer for the deployment streamer on the computer – since you’re accessing with a session code, you will not lose access during the installation process of the streamer.
- Once the streamer has been redeployed successfully, you can close the SOS app which will end the session.
80% of the time you can use the ‘Repair’ function in the installer to replace the streamer.
20% of the time the ‘Repair’ function will not work and will give an error message.