Splashtop has integrated with Microsoft Teams to enable your technicians to remotely support your users using the Enterprise (technician license required) or Splashtop SOS service, right from within a Microsoft Teams chat.
For a limited time, the integration is included in the following SOS services:
- SOS (concurrent)
- SOS Unlimited
Note: IT managers/admins, if you're on the Global Stack with an SOS Trial please contact support to enable integration. SOS Unlimited trials can enable integration without support assistance.
SOS (named user basis), SOS Teams, SOS lite, and legacy services don't support the integration at the moment.
- Purchase or trial the Enterprise (with at least 1 technician license) or Splashtop SOS service, www.splashtop.com/sos.
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon):
- Windows app
- Mac app [220.127.116.11 or later]
- iOS app
- Android app [18.104.22.168 or later]
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials.
- Log in at my.splashtop.com / my.splashtop.eu to enable Teams integration. You can find it at Management > Settings (scroll to bottom). Detailed instructions here. (You don't need an API key for Splashtop SOS for Teams but just check the option.)
- Go to the Microsoft AppSource and search for "Splashtop SOS" or "Splashtop SOS - EU". Click into the app, then click the Install button. (You can also manually install Splashtop Custom app: link)
- After the app installed, go to Settings tab to log in using your Splashtop account.
How do I connect within Teams/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Microsoft Teams chat. It'll take only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, you can also check the record of remote sessions on your Microsoft Teams interface. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Teams and navigate your chat windows with the users. Then click the Splashtop app icon on the toolbar.
- Click Create to create a card with SOS download links with the user you are going to support.
- Send the message with the download link to your user.
- The user clicks the Download SOS app button to download the SOS app, then open it.
- There will be a Splashtop SOS chat bot notifying you there is a case created, and you can click Connect button to start a connection to user's computer.
How do I check session logs?
- After the remote session done, you can go to App / Session logs tab to check remote session records.