When you attempt to connect to an Android device with unattended access, you may receive this message "Start recording or casting with Streamer?" on the Android. The message indicates that you can allow the streamer application to start recording or casting in order to be able to connect and view the device (follow the link to see how to enable remote control for Android Devices).
This permission only has to be granted the first time you connect to the device, but may appear again depending on various conditions.
- The Android device could have been rebooted.
- Each time you force stop the Splashtop Streamer application you will have to regrant the system permission.
- Battery optimization by the system could force stop the service and require you to regrant the system permission when the device is not charging. (Note: See Android tips below for more information).
- The system could force stop the service and require you to regrant the system permission when switching between applications on the device if the "Display over other apps" permission was not configured (Note: See Android tips below for more information).
Here are some suggestions to follow if you encounter this message:
1) If a reboot is required for the Android device, plan to have someone go to the device and regrant the screen capturing permission.
2) Please open the streamer and configure any Android tips that are displayed. You may have received a list of Android tips when first installing the streamer.
Please configure the "Display over other apps" permission when setting up and installing the Streamer app. This can help prevent the service from being force stopped by the system when you switch the streamer application to the background and open other apps (Note: some android devices force stop any applications that are not running in the foreground.)
Also, please configure the "Battery optimization" permission when setting up and installing the streamer. This can help prevent the service from being force stopped by the system when the android device is not charging.