This is the advanced version of Splashtop On-Demand Support application which is also listed in Freshservice marketplace, we name it Splashtop SOS (with Service Desk support). The basic functions are the same, except Splashtop SOS provides deeper integration with Splashtop Service Desk technician console.
For a limited time, the integration is included in the select SOS services (excludes SOS lite, legacy services and the current SOS basic/SOS Teams skus on EU stack)
- Purchase or Trial the Splashtop SOS, www.splashtop.com/sos
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon)
- Windows app
- Mac app
- Go to the Freshservice Marketplace, select Freshservice in the product selection dropdown list, search for Splashtop then select Splashtop SOS (with Service Desk support) and click Install.
- (Optional) If you also have Service Desk feature with your Splashtop team, you can pre-configure a channel for your technicians, so moving forward when they create a support session from Freshservice console, it will also be added to the configured channel.
- That's it.
How do I connect within Freshservice/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Freshservice tickets! It takes only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, a record of the remote session is automatically inserted into the ticket. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Freshservice account and navigate to your ticket
- Find Apps section and open Splashtop app, then click Create an SOS download link.
- Once clicking Create button, you will be prompted a window to log in using your Splashtop account. (If you have logged in Splashtop web portal on your web browser, it will directly go to step 4).
- Accept the required permissions.
- Click on Insert download link into ticket comment to insert the download link to the SOS app.
(You can also just click icon to copy and share using other sources.)
- The technician can check the SOS download link status from the UI, e.g., does the user open the link or not, what is the channel and who is the technician currently works on the ticket. (The technician has to click the refresh button to get the up to date status.)
- You can also click the Service Desk icon to check this support session and manage it directly from Service Desk technician console. (Clicking the button will bring up your Splashtop Business app / Service Desk technician console.)
- End-user clicks on the SOS download link in the ticket and run the SOS program
- Support agent on Freshservice site or Splashtop Service Desk technician console, clicks on the Connect button to establish a remote connection. Note: Must have the Splashtop Business app installed and logged in.
How do I check session logs?
- Once you click the Close the support case button in the app, the logs will be automatically inserted to the ticket as private comments. There are three types of logs which will be inserted:
- Session logs
- File transfer logs
- Chat transcript download link (7 days TTL)