- Requires client app purchase / download / installation from specific app stores. (http://www.splashtop.com/download)
- iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch: Apple App Store
- Android tablet or phone: Google Play
- Mac Book Pro / Mac Book Air / iMac / Mac mini: Splashtop website
- PC or NoteBook computer running Windows: Splashtop website
- Requires streamer app download and installation onto Mac or PC (http://www.splashtop.com/streamer/download).
- Need to create a Splashtop account (from the client app or computer running the Streamer).
- Need to log in to your Splashtop Account at least one time before making a local connection.
- More information here.
Computer / Streamer selection
The first screen to appear after launching the client application (not counting the First Time Wizard), is the Computer list. This screen will show all computers that have the Splashtop Streamer installed and are currently logged in to, with the same Splashtop Account.
For each computer (Streamer) in the list, the Edit icon to the right of the computer name allows you to change the resolution options of the corresponding computer. Choices are:
- 800 x 600
- 1024 x 768 — this is the best-fit resolution for an iPad, but may affect the icon and window sizes on the actual computer.
- "Native Resolution" does not change the computer resolution, so there are no icon/window side effects. However, the display will appear smaller on the client.
- "Best Fit" (some platforms) chooses the highest supported resolution that matches the local devices aspect ratio
- Requires a Splashtop Account, and that account must be currently logged into.
- Requires having Splashtop Business already subscribed to.
- You won't be able to log in to your Splashtop account unless you subscribe to Splashtop Business in advance.
- Keyboard — tap on the Keyboard icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Left-click — one-finger tap.
- Right-click — one-finger tap and hold.
- Trackpad mode (mouse-like interface) — 2-finger tap.
- Window scroll — 2-finger drag up / down.
- Desktop pan — 3-finger drag up / down / left / right.
- Advanced options — tap on the '^' icon; or a 3-finger tap (options may vary on different client devices).
- Orientation Lock
- Sharp/Smooth modes — High resolution, low frame rate / Low resolution, high frame rate.
- Trackpad mode
- Multi-monitor — Change monitor displayed on client.
- Arrow pad — A virtual arrow pad.
- Additional information is here.