When remoting into Windows computers, there is a known issue that the Blank Screen feature will not work if the Driver Model is WDDM 2.2 or later. Please update Splashtop Streamer to v188.8.131.52 or later to support blanking screens that use the WDDM 2.2+ driver to fix this issue for most cases.
You can run dxdiag.exe on the streamer computer, then check the Display tab which will indicate the Driver Model.
Splashtop is trying a new blank screen implementation that will work on WDDM 2.2+ computers.
We would like to invite you to give it a try.
Steps to Fix:
- Update to Splashtop Streamer v184.108.40.206 or later
- Download the attached zip file "BlankScreenType.zip" which contains the registry file to enable this feature.
- Unzip and run the .reg file "BlankScreenType.reg"
- Make sure "Enable Blank Screen" is checked, and that the Blank Screen Driver is installed:
- Establish a remote session and verify that the screen is blank.