- Only work with driver's WDDM model = 2.1 or earlier.
How to check WDDM version:
Run dxdiag.exe on the streamer computer, then check the Display tab which will indicate the Driver Model.
By checking Enable Blank Screen option on the streamer / Security tab, it should work to blank the remote computer's screen when in a remote session in most cases.
If it does not work, please follow below instructions to apply a workaround.
- Go to the streamer installation folder, then Driver/Monitor folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\Driver\Monitor
- Right click on the install bat file, then run as administrator.
On 32bits computer, please use install_driver.bat,
On 64bits computer, please use install_driver64.bat.
- That's it!
- Limitations with the Enable Blank Screen workaround
- For Splashtop On-Prem users, please download the attached file below (DPMS_STE.zip), unzip it then run install_driver.bat (install_driver64.bat for 64bits OS) to apply the workaround.