On some Windows Server 2003 machines with a Windows update installed, updating the streamer on the Server might fail to work, you only got the error "Windows cannot open this program because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy".
Please uninstall a Windows update to work the around the issue:
- Go to Control Panel / Programs & Features.
- Click View installed updates option on the side panel. (please see attachment.)
- Search for kb3072630 on installed updates page and uninstall it.
- Restart your PC. Then install the Splashtop Business client.
- After it is installed, you can re-install the kb3072630 update
Microsoft also reveals two workarounds regarding the issue, though it didn't work on our Server 2003 in-house. You might like to try: