If you are receiving this error message with Splashtop Streamer on a Mac, your disk permissions may be corrupted (specifically, the file permissions of some IPC socket files in /tmp).
Please do the following:
1. Remove Streamer by clicking uninstall Streamer script.
2. Run "Repair Disk Permissions".
3. Restart the Mac.
4. Re-install Streamer.
If it is El Capitan (10.11) or later version Mac OS running on the Mac, please follow the steps below:
1. Open Terminal app
2. Execute command: sudo rm -r /tmp/com.splashtop.*
3. Execute command: sudo chmod +t /tmp
4. Reboot computer
You can also run the Fix_streamer.sh script (attached) in terminal to run the above commands.
1. Download Fix_streamer.sh.zip and unzip the file.
2. Open the Terminal app
3. Navigate to the directory that you unzipped the script to
4. Execute command: sudo ./fix_streamer.sh
5. Reboot computer
If it still does not work, there is another cause. Please use the uninstall streamer script attached in streamer dmg file to uninstall the streamer, then re-install it again. It will help resolve the issue.