The first time you successfully make a remote connection on (from) your iPad or iPhone devices, a Hints screen initially displays, which illustrates the various screen-control actions you can use during a Splashtop session. The functions of some of the gestures are different, depending on whether you are using the iPad or iPhone. All "Hints" screens are illustrated below.
On the iPad:
On the iPhone:
Unless otherwise noted, the list below describes iPad and iPhone gestures. On the iPhone, the behavior of some gestures is different, as notated below:
- Tap: Equivalent to left mouse click.
- Tap-and-hold (long press): Equivalent to right mouse click.
- One-finger drag:
- On the iPad, the one-finger tap-and-drag gesture can be used to select text, or to drag the scroll bar.
- On the iPhone, the one-finger tap-and-drag can be used to move files by dragging-and-dropping the desired files; or for operating the scroll bars.
- Two-finger tap: Toggle Trackpad mode. Trackpad mode is like the trackpad on a laptop computer; moving a finger on the iPad screen can move the mouse everywhere with ability to give left-click or right-click if necessary.
- Two-finger drag: Scroll window.
- Three-finger drag: On your iPad, a three-finger drag will scroll the entire screen if it's been zoomed in. For example, if the keyboard is open, this would allow you to view what is blocked by the keyboard.
- Two-finger pinch-zoom: Zooms in and out.
- Two-finger pinch-and-drag: Functions the same as the three-finger drag (mentioned above) to pan the screen on the iPad. On the iPhone, panning can be done via one-finger drag.
- Three-finger drag: A three-finger tap will display advanced controls that allow you to switch the display.
By default, the Hints screen appears every time you start a remote connection. Tapping Continue closes the screen and lets you continue with your remote connection. However, the Hints screen will still display again the next time you initiate a remote connection.
NOTE: If you do not want it to display every time, you can turn it off by switching the Show hints every time field to Off. (After that, it can only be turned back on in the Settings screen.)