The "Controls" menu is where advanced in-session controls can be found. To bring up the "Controls" menu shown below, please perform either of the following gestures:
1. Three-finger tap on iPad screen during a connected session.
2. Tap on the '^' button located on lower right corner during a connected session.
These 9 buttons are explained below in order of their appearance on the menu (from left to right).
- Disconnects the current session and goes back to the list of computers.
- Opens the Hints screen of Gestures.
- Provides the capability to lock or unlock the orientation to either Portrait or Landscape.
Sharp or Smooth
- Provides two video modes; sharp (default) and smooth video rendering.
- Sharp mode gives clearer display quality, Smooth mode gives faster streaming performance but consumes much CPU power of computer.
- Trackpad mode allows the user to perform gestures that simulate mouse manipulations with left-click or right-click. It's good to open the hidden bar like Windows Task Bar or Mac Task Bar.
- Provides switching to and back from your secondary monitor if your computer has more than one display/monitor attached.
- Provides an arrow pad for ease of operation on applications.
- Opens the virtual keyboard or blue-tooth keyboard if has been connected.
Control Bar Off
- Hides the Controls menu bar.
NOTE: The iPad, with iOS 4.3 or later, is capable of configuring the "Side Switch" to either Lock Rotation or Mute.