Chat is available in the Windows and Mac versions of the Splashtop Business app. Just start a remote control session and look for the chat icon in the in-session control bar.
Download and install the latest Splashtop streamer and Splashtop Business app. You can get them from www.splashtop.com/downloads#b.
Start a remote session to a computer as you normally would.
- Once connected, click on the down arrow to open the control bar.
Then click on the chat icon.
The chat input box pops up next to the chat icon. Just start typing and press Enter.
- User at the remote computer will see the chat session window pop up.
This is where the user would type. It's also where you see what the user types.
- You must start a remote desktop session first in order to use chat.
- Chat only works when the remote computer is logged in. (Chat window is not visible on the Windows login screen.)
- The name shown in chat is a shortened version of your Splashtop ID. Currently there is not a way to change what's shown.
- Chat is only supported from Windows and Mac versions of the Splashtop Business app.