For better security, all devices where you run the Splashtop Business app and log in with your Splashtop Account now need to be authenticated via email.
The emails should only trigger once per application/browser per computer. Meaning logging into the business app for the first time will trigger the email once and logging into the website in a new browser should trigger it once.
When you log into a new device for the first time, we will email you an authentication link. You will need to click on the link before you can log in successfully and start using the Splashtop Business app on that device. (Wait 5 minutes to try a login to get another email sent out)
You can configure who receives the emails with the owner account by going to my.splashtop.com > signing in > top right corner Account Info > Team
Why am I not getting verification emails?
Please be aware that we are definitely sending the emails to your account.
If you are not seeing the emails, please check the following:
- Please check in a few minutes, mail routing may be delayed
- Please check your spam and junk folders
- Your email service (i.e outlook) has a black or white list and we are being blocked by that list/ yet to be approved.
- In Outlook 2010/2013, click the Junk button on the ribbon and select Junk E-Mail Options. You'll find the whitelists on Safe Senders and Safe Recipients tabs. Blacklist is on Blocked Senders tab.
- Your network/domain has all emails from splashtop blocked and auto removed
- Should this be the case please communicate with your local network/IT admin to allow splashtop emails through
Clicking on the verification link doesn't work?
Sometimes you receive the verification email but clicking on the authentication link doesn't work. This can happen if the saved cookies on the browser are interfering sometimes. The easiest solution is to open a new private browser/incognito window.
Then from here fetch a fresh authentication email and go to your email to authentication all while using the incognito window/private window.
- After the authentication, the device is saved as a "trusted device", so you will not need to authenticate again. To remove the "trust", login to my.splashtop.com, click on Devices and click the "X" on devices to remove from the list.
- Device authentication is disabled if you've enabled two-step verification (which provides even greater security).
- If you no longer have access to the email address you used as the Splashtop ID, please change your Splashtop ID to a new email address and try to log in again. The authentication email will be sent to your new email address.
- Changing your Splashtop ID will clear all previously authenticated devices.