Verification emails are enabled by default and sent to emails as an extra form of security to make sure the person logging in is actually the owner of the account and not a hacker.
The emails should only trigger once per application/browser per computer. Meaning logging into the business app for the first time will trigger the email once and logging into the website in a new browser should trigger it once.
You can change this setting/turn it off by going to my.splashtop.com->signing in->top right corner account info-> team
Why am I not getting verification emails?
Please be aware that we are definitely sending the emails to your account.
Should you not be seeing them it could be for these reasons
- They have not yet arrived and could take a couple minutes to do so.
- They are being sent to your spam or trash folders.
- Your email service (i.e outlook) has a black or white list and we are being blocked by that list/ yet to be approved.
- In Outlook 2010/2013, click the Junk button on the ribbon and select Junk E-Mail Options. You'll find the whitelists on Safe Senders and Safe Recipients tabs. Blacklist is on Blocked Senders tab.
- Your network/domain has all emails from splashtop blocked and auto removed
- Should this be the case please communicate with your local network/IT admin to allow splashtop emails through
Clicking on the verification link doesn't work?
Sometimes you receive the verification email but clicking on the authentication link doesn't work. This can happen if the saved cookies on the browser are interfering sometimes. The easiest solution is to open a new private browser/incognito window.
Then from here fetch a fresh authentication email and go to your email to authentication all while using the incognito window/private window.