This feature is included in Splashtop Enterprise.
Available to: Team Owner, Admin, Group Admin, Member.
Install Splashtop Enterprise in 2 steps
- Install the Business App on computers you will be using to connect from.
- Install the Streamer application on computers you want to connect to.
Install the Business App on computers you want to connect from
2. Download and run the install file. If the file is saved, the install file will be located in the folder specified by your browser (By default, most browsers will save files to the Downloads folder).
3. After installing, the application should open automatically. If not, you can find it in the Start menu for Windows, and inside the Applications folder for Mac.
1. Locate the install file that you downloaded. It will be named "Splashtop_Business_Win_INSTALLER_v" followed by the version number.
2. Double click on the file to start the installation. If you see a UAC prompt, click "Yes" to allow the installation to run. If the UAC prompt requires a password, enter your Windows username and password.
3. Allow the installation to run, after it completes, you'll see the following prompt notifying you that the installation is successful.
1. Click on the App Store icon on your home screen.
2. Switch to the Search tab and search for "Splashtop Business"
3. When the app is found, click on the "Download" button to install the application. If a password is needed, please use your Apple password.
4. When the app is finished installing, it will show up as an icon on your home screen.
Install the Streamer application on computers you want to remotely access
The Streamer is an app that needs to be installed on any computer that you are trying to remotely access. There are multiple methods of getting the Streamer application.
Note: If the "Add Computer" button or "Management" tab is missing in Methods 1 and 2, then your team owner has not allowed members to add computers. You will need to contact the team owner for the shareable link to download the Streamer.
For methods 1-3, when the computer is added to the account, it will be set to "Admin Access only". You can find instructions for changing access permissions here or for Scheduled Access configuration here.
- If you are the team owner, you will need to change the access settings so that your members can access the computer.
- If you are a member of a team and trying to add your computer, it will not show up in the Business app due to the above reason. You will need to contact your team owner or admin to change the access settings for you.
2. Click on the "Add Computer" button at the top left
3. On the next screen, you'll see two options
4. You can select which deployment package you wish to use, or just use the default one
5. Clicking on the "Download" button in the first box to "Add this computer" will download the Streamer install file to the computer you're currently using.
6. Clicking on the "Get Link" button in the second box to "Add different computer" will provide you with a link that you can send to other computers to download the install file on their computer.
2. Click on Management -> Deployment
3. On the next screen, you'll see a list of packages. You can create a new deployment package or use the already created default package
4. Click on the green "Deploy" button
5. For Option 1, you can copy a shareable link to send to other users and computers so that they can download the Streamer install file on their computer.
6. For Option 2, you can select the file type of the Streamer install file from the drop down and download it to the computer you're currently using.
In cases where the deployment package is giving the error "Failed to download deployment package", you can download the Streamer without the 12 digit deployment code included.
1. After installing the Streamer, you'll see the following on the Streamer window
3. If you are giving another person access to your computer, you may need to contact them for the 12 digit deployment code.
Mac Streamer Additional Permissions
After installing the Streamer on a Mac running MacOS 10.15 Catalina or higher, additional settings need to be enabled in order to remote into the computer. You can find the instructions for that here