Two-step verification, also known as 2-factor authentication or 2FA, is an optional but highly recommended security feature.
Once enabled, logging into Splashtop will require an additional six-digit security code, in addition to your Splashtop password. The security code will be generated by an authenticator app on your mobile device. (Text messaging is not supported.)
This means, even if someone has guessed or stolen your Splashtop ID and password, he or she will not be able to log into your Splashtop account and access your computers.
Quick Setup Steps
(Tutorial video available at https://youtu.be/tqIum3zcW84)
- Update your Splashtop Business app to the latest version.
- Log in at my.splashtop.com. Go to Account Info and turn on Two-Step Verification.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enable two-step verification.
- Be sure to save off a copy of the recovery codes somewhere in case you lose access to your mobile device.
- Have the latest version of Splashtop Business app (v184.108.40.206+ for Windows, v220.127.116.11+ for Mac, v18.104.22.168+ for iOS, v22.214.171.124+ for Android)
Note: Windows Phone and Windows Modern UI apps are currently not supported yet
- Have a mobile device that can run one of these supported authenticator apps:
Enforcing Two-Step Verification
Team owners can require users on the team to use two-step verification.
Log in at my.splashtop.com. Go to Management > Settings. There are two checkboxes in the Management section, one for requiring all admins and one for requiring all members. (Check both boxes to require everyone.)
Once checked, users will be prompted to set up two-step verification the next time they try to log in.
- Two-step verification applies when logging into my.splashtop.com or the Splashtop Business app.
- Two-step verification requires the use of an authenticator app. Text messaging is not supported.
- If you don't want to have to enter the security code every time on a device, you can check "trust this device" when logging in on that device. You can see (and delete) the list of trusted devices at Account Info.
- Enabling two-step verification disables device authentication.
- If you keep encountering error when entering the security code from your authenticator app, please make sure system time is accurate on your mobile device:
1. On iOS devices, make sure Settings > General > Date & Time is set to "Set Automatically".
2. On Android devices, please click "Sync now" under authenticator app's Settings > Time correction for codes.
If something happens with the authenticator app and you do not remember your recovery codes, please open a support ticket.