File transfer is now available in Splashtop Business! You can transfer files and folders, in either direction, between Windows or Mac computers.
Steps to start using file transfer
1. Install Splashtop Streamer and Splashtop Business app
File transfer is supported in version 184.108.40.206 or newer of the Splashtop Streamer and Splashtop Business app.
You can download the latest versions from www.splashtop.com/download.
Note: File transfer is only available on Windows and Mac.
2. Connect to the target computer
The file transfer function is invoked from within a session. Please first connect to the computer that you'd like to transfer files to or from.
3. Launch the file manager from the control bar.
Use the file manager interface to transfer files.
You can upload files from the local computer to the remote computer, download files from the remote computer, organize files, and more.
4. Close the file manager to return to remote desktop control.
- While the file manager is open, you cannot control the remote desktop at the same time. Close the file manager to return to remote desktop control.
- In the file manager, use the left and right arrows to initiate file transfer. We currently do not support drag-and-drop file transfer.
- Deleting files that are locked by Windows (e.g. system files or privileged files that require UAC authentication) does not work.
- Maximum size of file that can be transferred is 4GB.
Admins can see a record of all file transfer activities by logging into the web console and going to Logs > File Transfers.
Disabling file transfer
File transfer can be disabled via the web console if you do not want anyone on your team to be able to transfer files.
As with other IT policies, only the team owner can perform this configuration. By default, file transfer is enabled.
Just log into my.splashtop.com as the team owner then navigate to Account Info > Team.