After enabling remote print, a printer called "Splashtop Remote Printer" should show up in the computer's list of printers, when you access that computer remotely. Note: the printer does not show up in the list unless a remote session is established.
On some computers, this doesn't happen because the printer driver installation failed due to a permissions issue. The permissions issue may also cause Windows to repeatedly pop up a print-related error window.
The workaround is to install the printer driver manually from an admin-level command prompt.
- Open a command prompt with admin privilege.
- Navigate to the directory
\Program Files (x86)\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\Driver\STPrinter\
- Run the uninstallation batch file (uninstall_driver.bat for 32-bit, uninstall_driver64.bat for 64-bit).
- Run the installation batch file (install_driver.bat for 32-bit, install_driver64.bat for 64-bit).
- Disconnect the remote session (if you're doing this remotely) and re-connect. Remote print should be working now.
If the printer is still not showing in the printer list:
- Repeat steps 1-2 above.
- Run the printer mount file (p_mount.bat)
- This should help mount the printer in the list.
If remote print still does not work, please open a support ticket.