Splashtop streamer is the agent software that is installed on the computers that you remotely access.
Automatic, silent updates
If you have at least 18.104.22.168 streamer version or later, the streamer application will automatically and silently update itself, based on a progressive algorithm. When we release a new update, ~3% of the computers will update to the new version on the first week, ~30% will update to the new version by the 2nd week, and almost 100% will update by the end of the 3rd week.
- Open the streamer program on the computer
- Click on the About tab
- Click on "Check for Updates" and follow the steps
- Remote into the computer whose streamer you'd like to update.
- On that computer, download the latest Splashtop streamer. The easiest place may be www.splashtop.com. There's a "Download Streamer" button in the top-right corner.
- Run the installer. That's it!
All of your previous settings will be carried over. Your remote session will disconnect after update starts. It may take a minute or two for the update to complete. After update completes, that computer should be online and remotely accessible again.