Splashtop Streamer and Splashtop SOS support remote control Samsung devices. There are 2 ways to remote control a Samsung device. Please read below for the 2 options to enable remote control on Samsung devices.
Option 1: Install the Splashtop add-on app from the Google Play Store
1. Make sure you've updated Splashtop SOS and Splashtop Streamer to the latest version on the Play Store
- Splashtop SOS: v126.96.36.199 or up
- Splashtop Streamer: v188.8.131.52 or up
2. Make sure your Samsung device is with Knox supported
3. Install Splashtop Add-on: Samsung from Play Store
3.1 If your device is with Knox 2.7.1 or up
3.2 If your device is with Knox 2.7 or lower
4. From Splashtop SOS or Splashtop Streamer's main screen, tap "CONFIGURE" to configure the add-on, or directly tap Splashtop Add-on: Samsung app to configure
5.Tap GRANT SYSTEM PRIVILEGE -> ACTIVATE-> CONFIRM to enable the add-on
- Device Admin required to make it work
- The device should be able to access the Internet to enable Knox license
Option 2: Enable remote control by turning on the accessibility service
- Splashtop Streamer or Splashtop SOS version 3.4.1 and above
- Android OS 8.0 and up
1. Download Splashtop streamer or Splashtop SOS from the Google Play Store
2. On your Samsung device, go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Installed/downloaded services -> find Splashtop streamer or Splashtop SOS -> ON
That's it! Now when you remote into the device, you will just need to click Allow to have full control. Refer to what that looks like below:
NOTE: For some Android 10 devices, you may need to re-grant accessibility, or agree to pop-up "Exposing sensitive info during casting recording" again, after streamer restarts.
Once you've done the above steps and followed either option, you'll be able to connect to the Samsung device with remote control.