- Valid Splashtop team setup with unattended Android remote support feature enabled
- Splashtop Streamer v3.5.5 and up
- Your zebra device's MXMF version should be 9.3 or higher to have the remote control capability
- Go to device's setting > About Phone > SW Components, and check MX field:
- Zebra add-on app v3.0.5 and up:
The following are the steps to finish zero touch deployment of Streamer on Zebra devices with AirWatch Workspace ONE UEM console:
Step 1: Create deployment package in Splashtop management portal
Log in my.splashtop.com with team admin, and go to Management > Deployment, click Create Deployment Package button to create a valid deployment package, it will generate a deploy code for every package, which is necessary for following steps. Refer to this page to learn more about different deployment package parameters.
Example deployment package management page
Step 2: Push installation of Streamer and Zebra add-on
After finishing your Android EMM registration on the console, approve and add Splashtop Streamer, Splashtop Addon: Zebra , and push installation to target devices:
(2-1) Select Platform as "Android", and type Splashtop Streamer to get the app. It will list out Splashtop Streamer as the search result.
(2-2) Select Splashtop Streamer, it will prompt Approve, and also update policies on app's permission change etc. finally, it will appear in the "organize apps" like the following screenshot.
(2-3) Now you can go to Application list view, select the Splashtop Streamer app (radio button before the app), and Assign button appears above the application list.
(2-4)Grant app permissions to Splashtop Streamer
In order to make Splashtop Streamer works correctly, you may grant those required permissions to it. You can do this by following steps.
1) go to Devices > Profiles & Resources > Profiles, you can create a profile as you need
2) In the profile editing page, go to Permissions, in the right pane, search Splashtop Streamer, and click Configure. once finish configure, you can save and publish the profiles to the devices.
(2-5) Click Assign, it will show Assignment pop, either Add Assignment to add a new assignment or Edit an existing assignment.
Step 3: Push necessary managed configuration parameters to target devices
In the following edit screen, select Assignment groups as you wish to push configuration to, and scroll down to the bottom to Application Configuration section.
Example App Configuration of Streamer in AirWatch
Configure the following managed configuration parameter and leave other field blank.
|MDM_DEPLOY_CODE||Deploy Code||String||Input the deploy code generated in step 1|
And you can Push the Zebra add-on with the same method above (step 2 and step 3).
- But here's an important tip for step (2-3) about Zebra add-on app:
If your Zebra device is running on Android OS 10+, you have to grant the overlay permission for the add-on app. You can do it with either the following method 1 or method 2:
1) Grant the permission manually on the device settings.
2) Grant the permission through Airwatch console:
Device > Profiles & Resources > Permisssions > Grant All
Step 4: Launch Streamer remotely
You can launch the Streamer remotely with AirWatch console, for example, the following is the steps to launch Streamer in AirWatch through Files/Actions:
(4-1) Create Install Manifest in Devices > Provisioning > Components > Files/Actions, with the following intent format
(4-2) Create Product in Devices > Provisioning > Product list view, to include the created Files/Actions
(4-3) Process the product to the target devices to launch the Streamer:
Other related articles: