On Windows OS, some Splashtop software settings and options may need to be added or adjusted in the computer's registry. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to open Registry Editor to add/adjust registry keys.
1. Click Start and type "regedit" and click the following app
2. Copy and paste the following registry path in the address bar of the window that pops up:
- Splashtop Business (32-bit): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Client for STB
- Splashtop Business (64-bit): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Client for STB
- Splashtop Streamer (32-bit): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Server
- Splashtop Streamer (64-bit): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Server
3. Click on Edit > New > click "DWORD (32-bit) Value"
4. Name the key and click enter
- If you want to edit the key name, right-click the name and click "Rename
5. Modify the key by either clicking Edit > Modify or right-click the name of the key and click Modify
6. Type in the value in the box under "Value data:" and click OK
7. The last step is to restart the Splashtop Streamer App. If you are doing this remotely, you can open the Business App(purple icon) and click on the gear icon next to the computer to find the restart streamer computer option. If you are physically at the computer then you can exit the streamer app from the tray icon and reopen it again.