Voice call is a feature that is similar to VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) that offers users another way to communicate in the remote sessions using voice chats. Users on the remote side and the local side will be able to talk to each other easily in remote connections.
- Splashtop Enterprise with technician licenses: support both attended and unattended sessions
- Splashtop SOS+10: support both attended and unattended sessions
- Splashtop SOS Unlimited: support both attended and unattended sessions
- Business app version 126.96.36.199 or newer
- Check and make sure the setting is enabled on Splashtop web console:
Login my.splashtop.com/my.splashtop.eu>Management tab>Settings
- Start the call in your remote session:
From the toolbar at the top of the remote session, click "Start Voice Call"
Dialogue that shows you are calling would appear on the local side(Business app side):
On the remote side(streamer side), a dialogue would show up for user to pick up the call:
Users on both sides will be able to talk to each other and the status on the dialogue will change to "Call in progress" when user on the remote side(streamer side) picks up the call.
- Only user on the local side(Business app side) can start the call.
- Only user on the remote side(Streamer side) can pick up the call.
- Users can mute the microphone or/and the speaker:
- Only one voice call for one remote session will be allowed if you are having multiple remote sessions at the same time.
- Currently, during the period of having a voice call, the local side(Business app side) will not be able to play sound/music from the remote side(Streamer side) outside the call if user sets the sound setting as "Output sound over the remote connection only" or "Output sound both over the remote connection and on this PC."
For example, user sets the sound setting as "Output sound over the remote connection only" and he/she is playing music on YouTube on the Streamer side. The music from YouTube on the Streamer side will be stopped on Business app side during the period the user is having a voice call, and the music from the Streamer side will be back after the voice call is finished.