Use the "Share My Desktop" feature to show your computer screen to the end user, while remotely supporting your end user's computer. Please note that this feature only allows the shared user to view your screen, It does not allow for remote audio or remote control.
This is currently only available if you're running the Windows version of Splashtop Business app (not Mac).
This feature is available in the following Splashtop products:
- Splashtop Remote Support - Plus or Premium (not available in Basic)
- Splashtop Business Access - Pro
- Splashtop Business Access - Performance
- Splashtop SOS
- Splashtop SOS Teams
- Splashtop Enterprise
Be sure to update to the latest versions (22.214.171.124 or higher) of Splashtop Business app and Splashtop Streamer/Splashtop SOS. They're available at www.splashtop.com/downloads.
- On Windows Business app (purple icon), click on File->Share My Desktop
- Start the video capture
- Copy and send the web link to the users to view your desktop
- Connect to the remote/host computer
- Click on the Actions icon and click Share My Desktop
- After a few seconds, your screen will automatically show up in a browser window on your end user's computer.
There is a little "Share My Desktop" toolbar that you can use to pause the sharing and to choose which monitor to show to the user (if you have multiple monitors).
If you are getting an "infinite loop" when opening the "Share My Desktop" link, like the screenshot below, this is caused mainly by two instances:
1. The "Share My Desktop Link" is being opened on the same computer that is being shared. Make sure to send this link to another computer, instead of opening it on the computer you want to screen share. After clicking the "copy link" icon, send the link to the other user instead of opening it on your computer
2. The computer that is being screen shared is also viewing the second users computer through Splashtop Business, so when "Share My Desktop" is used, it causes an infinite loop as each computer is viewing the other screen. If you share your desktop with someone else, make sure you are not already viewing their screen, to help avoid this issue.
Make sure this link is opened on another computer, and make sure they are not already viewing your screen through Splashtop, so they can view your screen
- You can share with up to 2 computers at the same time.
- This "Share My Desktop" feature is currently not available with the Mac version of the Splashtop Business app.