Here are a few of the exciting new features that we're working on for upcoming releases of Splashtop Remote Support, Splashtop Business Access, and Splashtop SOS.
Portable Splashtop Business app
- Currently, Splashtop Business app for Windows (the app you use to remote from Windows devices) needs to be installed. This makes sense for your own computers, where you usually remote from. Installation enables you with the convenience of saving your login information, preferences, and streamer credentials.
- Sometimes, you may wish to work from a client's office, and perform remote access using one of the computers at the client's office. You may not want to have to install software to do that. And you do not want to leave your settings and preferences behind.
- We are working on a version of the Splashtop Business app that you can simply download and run. Or carry it with you on a USB stick. It does not require installation.
- For security reasons, it will still have the usual sign-in authentication flow (login with Splashtop ID, device authentication, two-step verification if you have it enabled, etc.).
- Beta available now, contact Support.
"Paste" password at Windows login screen
- It is difficult to remember complex passwords that your Windows computers use. Even if you use a password manager, the Windows login passwords still need to be typed in manually, since paste is not allowed at the Windows login screen.
- We are working on a feature whereby Splashtop can "type" the clipboard contents for you. So you can simply copy the password from your password manager to the clipboard, then have Splashtop "paste" the password into Windows. Saving you from having to manually type.
- Estimated schedule is end of January 2018.
Multiple concurrent sessions
- Currently, a computer can only be remotely accessed by one person at a time. Meaning, only one technician can be connected to the computer. No one else can connect until the technician disconnects.
- We are now working on the ability for two technicians to view and control the same computer at the same time. This can be useful for cases where technicians need to collaborate on an issue.
- Let's say both technicians see the same computer on the computer list. First technician connects. Second technician can click on the same computer from the Splashtop Business app to also connect at any time.
- Both technicians will see the exact same desktop and can both control. (They will need to coordinate "who controls" between themselves.)
- Estimated schedule is end of Q1 2018.
Reboot-and-reconnect for Splashtop On-Demand Support
- Currently, during a Splashtop On-Demand Support session, restarting the computer will terminate the remote session. The end user will need to log back into Windows, re-launch the SOS app, and give the new 9-digit session code to the technician.
- We are working on the ability for Splashtop Business app to reconnect automatically, once the computer has rebooted to the Windows login screen. The end user does not need to be present for the technician to continue working after reboot.
- Estimated schedule is around end of Q1 2018.
- Our current multi-monitor support is "multi-to-one." Meaning, you'll be able to see the remote side's multiple monitors in *one* window on your local side. That will help with dragging items across multiple monitors, seeing where new windows popped up, etc.
- We are now working on the ability to map "multi-to-multi," where you'll truly be able to see remote computer's 2 monitors in 2 separate windows. Then you can put those 2 windows on 2 separate local monitors, for true "multi-to-multi."
- Estimated schedule is Q2 2018.
- We have been getting a lot of requests from our MSP & IT customers to provide some commonly useful remote support tools (beyond remote control), similar to those provided in the LMI Premier package.
- We are working on a new, premium edition of Splashtop Remote Support
- Initial features will be as follows:
- Windows updates (dashboard view of update status including ability to push updates)
- Command-line access (remote interactive command prompt to managed computers)
- Alerts (configurable notifications for high resource usage, Windows update status, software installation / removal, managed computers going online / offline)
- Initial release planned for March 2018
We’d love to hear your inputs. Please take 1 minute and let us know your top feature requirement(s) by clicking here. We’ll also invite you to our beta program once available. Thanks in advance!
These roadmap features are currently under development. Final features, specifications, and availability dates are subject to change. Features vary by product and edition.