Most devices running Android 5.0 and up will work with Splashtop Streamer and Splashtop SOS apps. You will be able to remote into the Android device and view its screen live. You may or may not have control, depending on some additional criteria.
Many Android devices can be controlled as well. Please refer to options 1 (install an add-on app) and 2 (grant accessibility permission for Android 8.0 and up) below.
*Note* For Option 1, you are able to use the physical keyboard of your Mac/Windows computer to type on the Android device. This is not available for option 2.
Option 1: Install the Splashtop add-on app from the Google Play Store
1. For the Android devices where we have an add-on available, there will be avisual hint on the app's screen to guide the user to install the add-on. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the correct one.
(Contact us to request the APK files if your device cannot access Google Play Store.)
Here is the list of supported devices and manufacturers, along with links to the corresponding add-on app in the Play Store.
2. Once you have the Add on installed, you can remote control. For some devices from particular vendors, extra configuration steps are needed to enable remote control, like Samsung and Zebra. Please follow the corresponding setup instructions.
Option 2: Enable remote control by turning on the accessibility service
With the September '20 update of Splashtop, most modern devices running Android 8 and up can be controlled by enabling the accessibility service.
- Splashtop Streamer or Splashtop SOS version 3.4.1 and above
- Android OS 8.0 and up
1. On the Splashtop Streamer or Splashtop SOS app screen, tap the CONFIGURE button in the hint.
2. This will lead you to Android's accessibility settings. Find Streamer (for Splashtop Streamer), or SOS-Splashtop (for Splashtop SOS) in the DOWNLOADED SERVICES section. Tap to enter settings.
3. Turn on the service in the settings page
That's it! Now when you remote into the device, you will just need to click Allow to have full control.
If neither of the two options above applies to your device, the remote session will be restricted to view only. You are welcome to contact us and let us know what device you would like to enable remote control for.