Splashtop will only work on devices that are powered on and awake. Here are the instructions to set your devices to never sleep.
To set your Windows computer to Never Sleep, go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep. Then select the Sleep Options and set them to Never.
1. Open up Windows Settings. You can do this by clicking the Start Menu/Window and clicking the Settings application.
2. Select System.
3. Next, select Power & Sleep.
4. Finally, select Never on the drop down boxes under Sleep.
To turn sleep mode off on Mac OS, go to System Preferences > Energy Saver. Then tick the box next to 'Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off' and drag the Turn display off after to Never.
1. Open the Apple menu. You can do this by clicking the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
2. Then select System Preferences.
3. Next, select Energy Saver. This is the icon that looks like a light bulb.
4. Tick the box next to Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off.
5. Then untick the box next to Put hard disks to sleep when possible.
6. Finally, drag the Turn display off after slider to Never.
Note: If you are using a laptop, you will only see this option if you click the Power Adapter tab at the top of the window. You can also change these settings in the Battery tab as well.
To check if your settings were done correctly, check your Splashtop Streamer settings and it will say "Never Sleep"
- Open System Settings.
- Click Displays in the sidebar.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Switch off the Toggle button the option “Prevent Automatic Sleeping on power adapter when the display is off”
Interested in setting up Wake-On-LAN?
Support Article: How do I perform Wake-On-LAN with Splashtop app WoL
Unable to set your device to not sleep or have suggestions for us? Please open a support ticket.