Are you trying to remote into an Android device to view its screen or control it remotely? If so, first make sure you have a trial or subscription to the recently launched Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) with Mobile service. If you have our previous Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) which has no mobile support, please contact our sales to upgrade. Email email@example.com or call +1 (408) 886-7177.
- Windows or Mac Business app () version 22.214.171.124 or newer
- Android device has Android 5.0 or newer
Additional steps to enable remote control of supported Android devices
The device owner may need to grant privilege or install an add-on app to enable remote control of these devices.
- Samsung: In the Streamer app, tap "Configure", then "Grant System Privilege" and "Activate". Note: Samsung devices running Android 9 are view-only at this time. Pending update in process.
- Other supported devices: Install the Splashtop Add-On from the Google Play Store, or contact us if the device cannot access Google Play Store to request the APK file(s).
View-only support for other devices
For devices not listed above, you can connect in view-only mode. If you are using other devices and would like to enable remote control, please let us know the brand of your devices.
- END USER downloads and installs the Splashtop SOS app () on the Android device from the Google Play store
- END USER opens the Splashtop SOS app on the Android device and provides the 9-digit code to the technician
- (OPTIONAL one-time setup)END USER If the Android device is a Samsung device or has been rooted, it's possible to configure the device to allow remote control in addition to view.
- Tap on the "Configure" button, then tap on "Grant System Privilege" and "Activate".
- Tap on the back arrow to show the SOS app again with the 9-digit code.
- TECHNICIAN enters the code into the Splashtop Business app (SOS menu -> Connect to User's Computer)
- END USER taps "Allow" within the countdown timer on the Android SOS app to start sharing the screen.
- To end the support session, END USER taps on the exit icon on the Splashtop SOS app on the Android device.