Are you trying to remote into an Android device to view its screen or control it remotely? If so, first make sure you have a trial or subscription to the recently launched Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) with Mobile service. If you have our previous Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) which has no mobile support, please contact our sales to upgrade. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (408) 861-1088 x125.
- Windows or Mac Business app () version 18.104.22.168 or newer
- Android device has Android 5.0 or newer
- For control, Android device must be a Samsung device or rooted. Other Android devices are view-only.
- END USER downloads and installs the Splashtop SOS app () on the Android device from the Google Play store
- END USER opens the Splashtop SOS app on the Android device and provides the 9-digit code to the technician
- (OPTIONAL one-time setup)END USER If the Android device is a Samsung device or has been rooted, it's possible to configure the device to allow remote control in addition to view.
- Tap on the "Configure" button, then tap on "Grant System Privilege" and "Activate".
- Tap on the back arrow to show the SOS app again with the 9-digit code.
- TECHNICIAN enters the code into the Splashtop Business app (SOS menu -> Connect to User's Computer)
- END USER taps "Allow" within the countdown timer on the Android SOS app to start sharing the screen.
- To end the support session, END USER taps on the exit icon on the Splashtop SOS app on the Android device.