Issues like dropped connections, disconnects, or difficulty connecting are not common and may be due to low bandwidth or congested networks. If you experience any of these issues, please try these options:
- Enable "Reduce display quality when network is slow"
- Mac: Business app (purple icon) → Preferences
- Windows: Business app (purple icon) → File → Options
- Enable "Show solid color background on remote computer desktop"
- Requires version 22.214.171.124 or later
- Reduce frames per a second (FPS) - details
- Use lower resolution for remote display - details
- Run a ping test on both computers/devices to see if there are actual network issues
- Open terminal/command prompt and type "ping www.google.com -t"
- Run the above test on both computers while connected with Splashtop, and refer to the results for any connection timeouts and errors when a disconnect occurs
- Run a speed test on both computers/devices
- Go to https://www.speedtest.net/ and click GO
- Let the test finish and note your network's Download and Upload speed
Please mark "thumbs up" if one or both of these options help and "thumbs down" if they do not help.