Some customers are seeing dropped connections, frequent disconnects, or difficulty connecting. This may be due to low bandwidth or congested networks. Please try one or both of these options:
- Enable "Reduce display quality when network is slow"
- Mac: Business app (purple icon) -> Preferences
- Windows: Business app (purple icon) -> File -> Options
- Add Registry key to remove desktop background (dword)
- 64-bit: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Server\HideWallpaper = 1
- 32-bit: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Server\HideWallpaper = 1
- Run a ping test on both computers/devices to see if there are actual network issues
- Open terminal/command prompt and type "ping www.google.com -t"
- Run the above test on both computers while connected with Splashtop, and refer to the results for any connection timeouts and errors when a disconnect occurs
Please mark "thumbs up" if one or both of these options help and "thumbs down" if they do not help.
Some other helpful settings for low bandwidth connections