Splashtop is integrated with Freshservice to enable your technicians to remotely support your users using the Splashtop SOS.
For a limited time, the integration is included in the select SOS services (excludes SOS lite, legacy services and the current SOS basic/SOS Teams skus on EU stack)
- Purchase or Trial the Splashtop SOS, www.splashtop.com/sos
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon)
- Windows app
- Mac app [126.96.36.199 or later]
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials
- Go to the Freshservice Marketplace, select Freshservice in the product selection dropdown list, search for Splashtop then select Splashtop On-Demand Support and click Install.
Note: The Splashtop SOS On-Prem one provides the same function but for Splashtop On-Prem product, for more details or if you are using Splashtop On-Prem, you can refer to the instruction on our On-Prem product support site.
- Follow the instruction to create an API key, insert it to the Key field when installing.
How do I connect within Freshservice/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Freshservice tickets! It takes only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, a record of the remote session is automatically inserted into the ticket. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Freshservice account and navigate to your ticket
- Find Apps section and open Splashtop app, then click Create an SOS download link.
- Click on Insert download link into ticket comment to insert the download link to the SOS app.
(You can also just click icon to copy and share using other sources.)
- The technician can check the SOS download link status from the UI, e.g., when the link will expire, and does the user open the link or not. (The technician has to click the refresh button to get the up to date status.)
- End-user clicks on the SOS download link in the ticket and run the SOS program
- Support agent on Freshservice site, clicks on the Connect button to establish a remote connection. Note: Must have the Splashtop Business app installed and logged in.
How do I check session logs?
- Once you click the Close the support case button in the app, the logs will be automatically inserted to the ticket as private comments. There are three types of logs which will be inserted:
- Session logs
- File transfer logs
- Chat transcript download link (7 days TTL)
Watch the integration demo:
You're welcome to sign up for a 7-day free trial of Splashtop SOS. Please contact our team if you have any questions.