Splashtop has now integrated with Freshservice to enable your technicians to remotely support your users using the Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) service.
- Purchase or Trial the SOS unlimited service, www.splashtop.com/sos
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon)
- Windows app
- Mac app [220.127.116.11 or later] (18.104.22.168 is not available yet, please contact Support.)
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials
- Go to the Freshservice Marketplace, select Freshservice in the product selection dropdown list, search for Splashtop then click Install.
How do I connect within Freshservice/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Freshservice tickets! It takes only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, a record of the remote session is automatically inserted into the ticket. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Freshservice account and navigate to your ticket
- Find Apps section and open Splashtop app, then click Create an SOS download link.
(You will need to log in your Splashtop account first in this app if you have not.)
- Click on Insert download link into ticket comment to insert the download link to the SOS app.
(You can also just click icon to copy and share using other sources.)
- End-user clicks on the SOS download link in the ticket and run the SOS program
- Support agent on Freshservice site, clicks on the Connect button to establish a remote connection. Note: Must have the Splashtop Business app installed and logged in.
How do I check session logs?
- Once you click the Close the support case button in the app, the session and file transfer logs will be automatically inserted to the ticket as private comments.