Splashtop is integrated with Freshservice to enable your technicians to remotely support your users using the Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) service.
- Purchase or Trial the SOS unlimited service, www.splashtop.com/sos
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon)
- Windows app
- Mac app [184.108.40.206 or later]
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials
- Go to the Freshservice Marketplace, select Freshservice in the product selection dropdown list, search for Splashtop then click Install.
- Follow the instruction to create an API key, insert it to the Key field when installing.
How do I connect within Freshservice/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Freshservice tickets! It takes only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, a record of the remote session is automatically inserted into the ticket. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Freshservice account and navigate to your ticket
- Find Apps section and open Splashtop app, then click Create an SOS download link.
- Click on Insert download link into ticket comment to insert the download link to the SOS app.
(You can also just click icon to copy and share using other sources.)
- End-user clicks on the SOS download link in the ticket and run the SOS program
- Support agent on Freshservice site, clicks on the Connect button to establish a remote connection. Note: Must have the Splashtop Business app installed and logged in.
How do I check session logs?
- Once you click the Close the support case button in the app, the session and file transfer logs will be automatically inserted to the ticket as private comments.