Splashtop is integrated with Freshdesk to enable your technicians to remotely support your users using the Splashtop SOS Support (SOS) service.
For a limited time, the integration is included in the select SOS services (excludes SOS lite, legacy services)
Note: IT managers/admins, if you're on the Global Stack with an SOS Trial please contact support to enable integration. SOS Unlimited trials can enable integration without support assistance.
** Currently, some users would encounter a content blocked issue and see the following error:
We've reported the issue and Freshdesk is working on it to fix it, and it might take some more time as they would need to revamp the overall structure of their market place app to prevent the issue from happening.
In the meantime, please contact Freshdesk if you encounter the issue, so Freshdesk can help you unblock your account from their end.
We are also urging Freshdesk to improve the process/experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
- Purchase or Trial the Splashtop SOS Support (SOS) service, www.splashtop.com/sos
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon)
- Windows app
- Mac app [18.104.22.168 or later]
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials
- Go to the Freshdesk Marketplace, select Freshdesk in the product selection dropdown list, search for Splashtop then click Install.
- Follow the instruction to create an API key, insert it to the Key field when installing.
Click the Setting Icon on the left navigation bar at the bottom. Then select Support Operations > then Apps.
Next, in the market place search bar, type: SOS or Splashtop to bring up our app.
Next, click the Install button.
Next page you will need to add your API key from the Splashtop console. You can grab that by going to Management > Settings or go here: https://my.splashtop.com/account_info/#team_tab
At the bottom you will see a URL to setup 3rd party integrations. Click the URL Setup API Keys
Next, check the box next to Freshdesk and click the copy icon to grab API key > then click Ok.
After that go back to Freshdesk and input the API key and click Install.
After that you should be good to go! Go to any ticket to see the app on the right side. You can copy the SOS link, or click the Insert download link URL.
Once the end user opens the SOS app you will see the status change to Online. You can click the connect button to open your Business app to connect to session.
How do I connect within Freshdesk/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Freshdesk tickets! It takes only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, a record of the remote session is automatically inserted into the ticket. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Freshdesk account and navigate to your ticket
- Find Apps section and open Splashtop app, then click Create an SOS download link.
- Click on Insert download link to insert the download link as a ticket comment.
(You can also just click icon to copy and share using other sources.)
- The technician can check the SOS download link status from the UI, e.g., when the link will expire, and does the user open the link or not. (The technical has to click the refresh button to get the up to date status.)
- End-user clicks on the SOS download link in the ticket and run the SOS program
- Support agent on Freshdesk site, clicks on the Connect button to establish a remote connection. Note: Must have the Splashtop Business app installed and logged in.
How do I check session logs?
- Once you click the Close the support case button in the app, the logs will be automatically inserted to the ticket as private comments. There are three types of logs which will be inserted:
- Session logs
- File transfer logs
- Chat transcript download link (7 days TTL)