Splashtop is integrated with Freshdesk to enable your technicians to remotely support your users using the Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) service.
For a limited time, the integration is included in the current SOS services (excludes SOS lite and legacy services).
- Purchase or Trial the Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) service, www.splashtop.com/sos
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon)
- Windows app
- Mac app [220.127.116.11 or later]
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials
- Go to the Freshdesk Marketplace, select Freshdesk in the product selection dropdown list, search for Splashtop then click Install.
- Follow the instruction to create an API key, insert it to the Key field when installing.
How do I connect within Freshdesk/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Freshdesk tickets! It takes only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, a record of the remote session is automatically inserted into the ticket. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Freshdesk account and navigate to your ticket
- Find Apps section and open Splashtop app, then click Create an SOS download link.
- Click on Insert download link to insert the download link as a ticket comment.
(You can also just click icon to copy and share using other sources.)
- End-user clicks on the SOS download link in the ticket and run the SOS program
- Support agent on Freshdesk site, clicks on the Connect button to establish a remote connection. Note: Must have the Splashtop Business app installed and logged in.
How do I check session logs?
- Once you click the Close the support case button in the app, the session and file transfer logs will be automatically inserted to the ticket as private comments.