Splashtop has integrated with Microsoft Teams to enable your technicians to remotely support your users using the Enterprise (technician license required) or Splashtop SOS service, right from within a Microsoft Teams chat.
For a limited time, the integration is included in the following SOS services:
- SOS (concurrent)
- SOS Unlimited
SOS (named user basis), SOS Teams, SOS lite, and legacy services don't support the integration at the moment.
- Purchase or trial the Enterprise (with at least 1 technician license) or Splashtop SOS service, www.splashtop.com/sos.
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app (purple icon):
- Windows app
- Mac app [220.127.116.11 or later]
- iOS app
- Android app [18.104.22.168 or later]
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials.
- Log in at my.splashtop.com / my.splashtop.eu to enable Teams integration. You can find it at Management > Settings (scroll to bottom). Detailed instructions here. (You don't need an API key for Splashtop SOS for Teams but just check the option.)
- Go to the Microsoft AppSource and search for "Splashtop SOS" or "Splashtop SOS - EU". Click into the app, then click the Install button. (You can also manually install Splashtop Custom app: link)
- After the app installed, go to Settings tab to log in using your Splashtop account.
How do I connect within Teams/Splashtop?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your users’ computers to provide support, directly from within Microsoft Teams chat. It'll take only a few clicks to start a session. After the support case ends, you can also check the record of remote sessions on your Microsoft Teams interface. Your users do not need to have any software pre-installed for all this to work.
- Login to your Teams and navigate your chat windows with the users. Then click the Splashtop app icon on the toolbar.
- Click Create to create a card with SOS download links with the user you are going to support.
- Send the message with the download link to your user.
- The user clicks the Download SOS app button to download the SOS app, then open it.
- There will be a Splashtop SOS chat bot notifying you there is a case created, and you can click Connect button to start a connection to user's computer.
How do I check session logs?
- After the remote session done, you can go to App / Session logs tab to check remote session records.