ServiceNow customers can quickly and seamlessly launch Splashtop SOS sessions as they assist customers from the ServiceNow interface directly. Connection logs and file transfer logs can be automatically passed to the ticketing system.
For a limited time, the integration is included in the select SOS services (excludes SOS lite, legacy services and the current SOS basic/SOS Teams skus on EU stack)
Note: IT managers/admins, if you're on the Global Stack with an SOS Trial please contact support to enable integration. SOS Unlimited trials can enable integration without support assistance.
Supported ServiceNow instance version
Compatible with: Tokyo, San Diego, Rome, and Quebec
- Purchase or trial the Splashtop SOS, www.splashtop.com/sos
- Follow the instruction to enable ServiceNow integration from my.splashtop.com.
- Download and install these versions of Splashtop Business app [220.127.116.11 or later] (purple icon)
- Windows or Mac app
- Log in to the Splashtop Business app with your Splashtop account credentials.
- Go to the ServiceNow store and get the Splashtop SOS Integration app.
- Follow the instruction to create an API key, insert it to the Key field when installing.
How do I connect from within ServiceNow?
You can easily initiate a remote desktop connection to your user’s computers to provide support directly from ServiceNow incidents, with a few simple clicks. After the support sessions are completed, technicians can retrieve session logs to display in the incidents for futher reference. End users do not need to have any software pre-installed!
- Log in to your ServiceNow account and navigate to your Incident
- Scroll down to the Notes section and click on the Splashtop SOS tab
- Click on the Create an SOS download link button
- The Connect button becomes active and there is a "Copy link" and "Share link" below it as a way to send the download link to the end user outside of the ServiceNow interface.
- The Download SOS button will now activate on the end user's ServiceNow Incident view
- End user clicks on Download SOS button on their ServiceNow Incident page (or the link sent otherwise) to download and run the program
- Technician can now click on the Connect button to establish a remote connection.
Note: Technician must have the Splashtop Business app installed and be logged in.
How do I check session logs?
- You can click Update session logs button to retrieve logs related to this incident.
Watch the integration demo:
You're welcome to sign up for a 7-day free trial of Splashtop SOS. Please contact our team if you have any questions.
What if the SOS Link does not appear when sending an email to a customer?
If you see the following, please follow the steps below!
- Go to Roles page
- Go to itil role manage page
- Go to Contains roles tag, then Edit
- Search for x_splash_sos.session_user, then added to itil contains roles list
Then moving forward when using itil role, it should be able to see the link. It is the same if you will have other roles having the same issue.